Visit NaturalCounselor Blog for more articles, detox weight loss tips, sleep remedies, holistic tips, beauty remedies, healthy recipes and more.
Do you sometimes complain you don’t look young and beautiful any more? Ladies, look into the mirror with a smile and you will see a gorgeous young woman again, am I right? Well, maybe we need a little bit of makeup and better light, so what? We are what we think about ourselves and what we believe in. And the most important: we always have to remember that we are unique. We have our own bio-individuality, our own blood type, our own body type, our own personality type. And we always can start over and become a healthier and better person. We also have to be strong and take responsibility for our own health, because if we don’t take care of ourselves, who will.
Here are some simple beauty remedies and tips you can start with, some easy steps to start feeling healthier and looking better:
1. Drink more water. Water should be purified and not from plastic bottles or containers (think glass or metal). How much water do we need? It depends on your bio-individuality
2. Eat the right foods.
Fiber. The indigestible parts of fruits, nuts, whole grains, beans and vegetables sweep toxins from your body and slow the speed at which your body absorbs sugars from food.
Healthy fats. Omega-3 fatty acids improve the metabolic function of every cell in your body, primary by reducing the inflammation. Increase your intake of fish, walnuts and ground flax seed. Olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties too.
Fruits, vegetables and spices. Eat fruits and vegetables as snacks and use spices-cinnamon, turmeric, garlic liberally. Try to eat more organic fruit and vegetables or at least from local farmers markets. To eat healthy means not only to eat small portions but also to eat better quality food. Don’t forget that when you are ready, all these foods can be used as part of a weight loss detox program.
3. Chew properly. To get started in the habit of chewing correctly, try counting the chews in each bite, aiming for 30 to 50 times. It helps if you put your fork down between bites. If under pressure at meals, take deep breaths, chew, and let the simple act of chewing relax you. Taking the time to chew will help you to enjoy the whole spectrum of tastes and aromas that make up the meal.
4. Exercise/Sweat. Any form of exercise helps. But don’t forget to sweat – detox/clean up your system. Pesticides, chemicals from manufacturing, and metals such as mercury and lead from air, water and food circulate in the blood and wind up in body fat. The solution: sweat. Your body excretes toxins and waste in perspiration. Regular exercise should make you sweat (which is good for weight loss), but so will saunas and hot baths. Losing weight gradually -not crash dieting-will also help you prevent your blood stream from becoming a toxic dump.
5. Breathe. Cortisol, the hormone your body produces when you are stressed, increases your appetite and promotes inflammation. To reduce cortisol levels and normalize your metabolism, you must relax. Mind/body practices like yoga and tai chi can help reduce stress. But breathing is also effective. You have to be conscious of your breath for a few minutes every day. It relaxes and detoxifies your body.
6. Cook at home. The food we take into our mouth goes into our stomach where it gets digested and eventually assimilated into the bloodstream. Our blood is what creates our cells, our tissues, our organs, our skin, our hair, our brains and our thoughts and feelings. Learning to cook high quality food for yourselves and those you love can change everything.
Too much? I hope you don’t think so. One step at a time can we can be healthier and happier. Let’s start thinking about what we can do to feel and look better, no matter how old we are.
Irina Wardas HHC, Holistic Health and Wellness Coach and Counselor